It’s been 4 years to the day that I set foot inside the gym and began a ‘Coach 2 5K’ plan. I wrote about this on last year’s runiversary. With marathon number 9 just 13 days from now I thought I would look back at my achievements and remind myself that anything is possible when you set your mind to do something. Even if you never achieve the goals you set at least you can say that you tried which is greater than saying I wish I should have.
1 – Philadelphia Marathon – November 2011
2 – Walt Disney World Marathon – January 2012
3 – Philadelphia Marathon 2012 (first sub 4 hour marathon)
4. Walt Disney World Marathon – January 2013 (my first Goofy Challenge and my wife’s first marathon)
5. New Jersey Marathon – May 2013
6. Philadelphia Marathon – November 2013
7. Walt Disney World Marathon – January 2014 (my first Dopey Challenge)
8. New Jersey Marathon – April 2014 (Current PR 3:54)
I have a lot to look back on and be proud of and a lot to look forward to and achieve.
My upcoming races are:
August – Chasing the Unicorn Marathon
September – Philadelphia Rock’n’Roll Half Marathon
October – Baltimore Marathon
January – Walt Disney World Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge (Half and Full Marathon)
I’ll keep going for as many miles as I have in me. Thank you for following me on this journey.